Monday, June 9, 2014

Roku San Roku (Osaka-shi, Chūō-ku)

麺や 六三六大阪総本店
めんや ろくさんろく
Menya Roku San Roku


Niboshi reimen: 15 / 20

Rokusanroku is one of the most highly ranked ramen restaurant around Hankyu Umeda. I have been there a few times and have never been disappointed. They specialize in tonkotsu gyokai tsukemen, but on this hot day, I wanted to try their special summer's niboshi reimen.


Broth: A not-too-strong niboshi broth, quite pleasant, cooled with ice, and flavored with goma seeds. You can also add some karashi (mustard) to your bowl, but I did not really get the point of doing so.

Noodles: Katame and good.

Meat: OK, tender chashu.

Egg: Half of a very average, hard-boiled egg.

Overall, a refreshing experience for the summer, that you will enjoy if you like niboshi reimen. I just wish they would cook their egg better, or simply remove it from the bowl - there is no point in eating such an average egg.


Tonkotsu-gyokai tsukemen

I also tasted a sip of the tonkotsu gyokai tsukemen my friend ordered. I did not eat enough to write a full review, but the broth is quite interesting, supplemented by torigara (chicken bones) to make it thicker, and including vegetables and potatoes for a more veggie-tasted experience than your regular tonkotsu gyokai. Quite pleasant.

More information on ramendb.

Other reviews: Friendsinramen, Picrumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment