Sunday, August 10, 2014

Marusho (Osaka-fu, Toyonaka-shi)

麺やマルショウ
めんやまるしょう
Menya Marushou

Hyashi Taiwan mazesoba: 17 / 20 
(冷たい台湾まぜそば)

What a nice surprise to discover a ramen shop specializing in mazesoba not too far from Osaka University! This restaurant has an impressive variety of specialties, also including different kinds of ramen. On this hot summer evening, I ordered the cold mazesoba.


Sauce: No broth obviously, but a very tasteful, slightly spicy sauce, that you can spike with some garlic (not fresh, alas) and vinegar.

Noodles: Very enjoyable al dente noodles.

Meat: Some flavorful ground meat.

Egg: Half of a boiled egg, with a pleasant, slightly creamy yolk.

Toppings: A profusion of toppings: goma(sesame)-flavored menma cubes, white and green negi, nori bits and even a cherry tomato. Mix well the whole thing and you get a fantastic combination!

I also got as a side-dish a small bowl of white rice. I was a bit skeptical (why not bread and potatoes also?), but the rice actually proved to be a very tasty way to soak up all what remains at the bottom of my bowl after I finished the noodles (I don’t know if that’s very ‘kosher', but that’s how I ate it). The flavour remained during many minutes in my mouth as I was finding my way back home. So far, this is with Misukabose and Ishimanji my favorite ramen restaurant in Toyonaka (although in Osaka, Cliff’s mazesoba may have my slight preference: I think that a raw egg fits better with mazsoba - but of course maybe not with a cold one).

More information on ramendb.

No comments:

Post a Comment