Sunday, August 17, 2014

Tensonkorin (Kobe, Chuo-ku)

麺屋 天孫降臨
めんや てんそんこうりん

Reimen: 16 / 20

This ramen restaurant got excellent-if-few reviews, is conveniently located between Sannonmiya and Motomachi and had been on my radar for some time. Finally, I found the opportunity to go there and ordered their seasonal reimen.


Broth: A thicker broth than the regular reimen broth, smooth in a kind of sirupy way, with an excellent fishy taste enhanced by sprinkled yuzu and myoga bits. Maybe the best reimen broth I had so far.

Noodles: Just the perfect cooking.

Meat: The low point of this bowl, very average.

Toppings: Some negi, chili stripes and cucumber.

I wish I had been there earlier! This bowl shined with its perfect combination of broth and noodles. Too bad the meat was a letdown, otherwise it would have easily deserved a 17. I’m very much looking forward to come back and try their other specialties (a variety of tsukemen, a mazemen…)

More info on ramendb.

No comments:

Post a Comment