Thursday, October 9, 2014

Gonokami Seisakujo (Tōkyō-to, Shibuya-ku)

つけ麺 五ノ神製作所
つけめん ごのかみせいさくじょ
Tsukemen Gonokamiseisakujou

Ebi-tsukemen (with ajitama): 16 / 20

This restaurant is famous for having one of the most intense shrimp broth you will find around. Obviously, I had to try this oddity. I arrived at 1 pm and waited only 10-15 minutes (it seemed that the queue did not decrease until 1:45 pm). I ordered the ebi-tsukemen (they also feature a version with tomato, and another one flavored with miso), with ajitama.


Broth: As expected, this is a shrimp-bomb. Imagine that you take ten kilograms of shrimps and mix them a dozen of time until you get the very essence of that taste: that describes quite well what you get here in one bowl. After I added the wari soup at the end, I could not even perceive the shrimp taste anymore: my tastebuds had been fully shrimp-desensitized.

Noodles: Thick, very mochi-mochi whole grain noodles - with an actual taste of whole grains.

Meat: A few long pieces of chashu, some of them quite bland, some of them nicely tasting like French 'petit salé’ (salted pork).

Egg: It had an interesting taste (difficult to characterize - maybe flowery?), but was overcooked. Disappointing for such a famous ramen place, I do not recommend ordering it.

Toppings: Some triangular, slightly sweet vegetables, and a fibrous, very salted menma.

I might be slightly less enthusiastic than shrimp-afficionados about this restaurant, but it's definitely worth the experience. I would be curious to come back to try their tomato version - especially since it looks like I forgot to order the cheese toast.

More information on ramendb.

Other reviews: Ramen Adventures 1, Ramen Adventures 2, Go Ramen!, Chowhound

No comments:

Post a Comment